Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pontypool

A new movie has pushed its way into my top 20 favorite movie list. Of course not in my untouchable golden top ten, but Mr. 11 and on is never too safe. Just two days ago a change happened in my list that even surprised me. This is a very impressive achievement that doesn’t happen too often. The movie that undeniably crowned itself top 20 is called Pontypool, and it’s 100 percent awesome. I have so much to say about this movie, but to be honest I don’t want to say too much about it, for your self enjoyment. I don’t want to ruin the movie for you. I can’t stand when people blabber on about a movie that I made perfectly clear I still haven’t seen and want to see in the near future. This pisses me off even worse than listening to someone eating with their mouth open. I was going to put the preview up underneath, but decided not to. Don’t watch the preview! It doesn’t do the movie any justice, plus it tells you way too much. If I ever do watch a preview it’s only the first 10 or 15 seconds, then I click close. If the movie in the first 15 seconds doesn’t catch my attention like a fish caught in a fisherman’s net, then I don’t care to see it, and I simply won’t watch it. I am very picky about my movies which people make fun of me for constantly, But I proudly don’t care. I appreciate and respect a well- made movie, good acting, and good writing. I love movies dearly. I feel that watching them is a hobby of mine…if such a thing even exists. I think the greatest job in the world would be a movie critic. But then again you would have to sit through hundreds of dreadful movies that would make you want to jump off a building. So I think I will stick to Weightlifting.

I shouldn’t have to be sold to watch a movie; it should connect with me immediately. The best part of this movie is that I had no idea what it was about, or even what the genera was, which made the movie so much more intriguing and fun to watch. I want you to go into this movie with the same blind fold I wore, and emerge yourself into the unknown. So with that said I will now shut up and stop talking about it, and let you experience it for yourself. If you don’t like this movie… then I am sorry! Please don’t be mad at me!

I listed my top ten favorite movie list a few months ago on my blog here. If you didn’t get to read it and want to check it out, then go to the search box on the upper right hand corner and type in the title of the blog called “Truman”. Here is the rest of my list from 11 to 20 (top 20). If you haven’t seen any of these movies then you need to ASAP. Or else I will tell Donny Shankle on you, and he will break down your front door and clean and jerk you!!! Salute
A picture from a new member of the list "Dead Man's Shoes" A very deep and hard movie to watch.

And Now the List!

11.) Drive
12.) Dead Man’s Shoes
13.) Boiler Room
14.) The Illusionist
15.) Blow
16.) Synecdoche New York
17.) Ali
18.) The Family Man
19.) Moon
20.) Pontypool

Truman Show always number one 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment