Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Butcher

My team mate Max Aita trained under Ivan Abadjiev for 5 months before I came to Cal Strength. I was a little too late, but Max has filled me in on the war stories, funny stories, and the hell he and the others endured while training under the "Butcher" (Ivan). Donny Shankle once just shook his head and began to stare off into the distance for a good long while when asked how training under Ivan was. Donny had know words, just a look that made you walk away and never bring it up again. A coach of little words, besides the anticipated "more weight" and "again". Snatch Clean and Jerk Squat to max, repeat 4 to 5 times a day, 7 days a week, no rest, more weight. Hints the Butcher, hints the Bulgaria success, the dream team of the 70's 80's and 90's. The untouchable power house of weightlifting that to this day has not been touched.


One man has finally come out to talk about the training method, programing and mind set of the Bulgarian system. A man who experienced it first hand, My good friend, and my teammate Max Aita. I also want to thank Max for taking me under his wing when I first arrived to my new world of cal strength. He helped me in so many ways, and made me feel right at home. So Max I thank you.

Here is the video below. Salute!!

Squats 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment