Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 19, 2012

South Park and Pizza

I feel good enough to write today.  I woke up this morning to my lab top staring at me like a puppy wanting food.  My left leg was hanging out over the bed, while my body was completely sideways.  The covers and sheets looked as if there was a break dance competition that took place in my bed. I smiled at the thought of someone seeing me like this, but then again, is there any other way to sleep when you are sick? I thought the rule book stated that you can sleep as long as you wanted, any way you wanted.  Playing the sick card allows you to eat pizza while watching South Park in the middle of the day without making you feel like a loser.  I am sicker than sick and I don’t know how or where it came from.  It’s funny how much writing can suck the life right out of you.  All that emotion racing through your body can build up quite the workout.  I’m not saying that’s how a got sick, but then again I’m not saying that’s how I didn’t get sick.  Who knows, maybe it’s been the hard training that Coach Pendlay has been cooking up for me lately.  Or the extremely cold weather outside that makes you feel you are in an alternative rock video as you walk down the side walk.
 It’s weird writing this blog in my bed with no coffee.  I am so use to my green jungle that my chi is all messed up.  Tomorrow I must write again, and try to make sense of my next blog, because this one is all over the place.  Boy, being sick not only shuts the body down, but the mind as well.  Tomorrow everything should be back to normal.
I have been sober now for 3 months, and I love it.  It’s been hard to stop, but I am on the right path.  I have put alcohol back on its sail boat, and pushed him back out to sea. Goodbye alcohol, travel safe and far from me.  When nights get lonely and long I will miss you and remember the fun times we had.  But you have done much more harm to me than good, and for that I must let you go.  Goodbye my old friend, safe sails as you enter back into the foggy waters, looking for another young kid to make friends with.
I could go into the alcohol thing much more, but I don’t want to waste your time while I play my violin.  Everyone has their skeletons, so I will move on from this topic that has hurt many people throughout my life. I do want to say sorry to everyone who I have hurt throughout my days with alcohol.  I will stop at that.  Words through a key board don’t do enough justice. 
The PWA meet in San Fran is this weekend and I am very excited.  Kevin Doherty and Hassle free always puts on great meets at Lincoln High.  Paul Doherty does the same up in Sacramento at Sac High.  Both of these brothers are the weightlifting Godfathers.  We need more of them in this sport and in life in general.  They have been there for me from the very start, so I want to take time out of this blog and say thank you to both of them.
Even though I have been sick for the last three days, I am going to put my head down and lift anyways. I am more excited to see a few of my athletes compete, for a few of them it’s there first time.    Let’s go Tim and Jake!! 
I saw the Machinist last night with Christian bail.  Amazing movie and it reminded me how much I like Bail as an actor.  So much he might even be on my top 10 favorite actors list.  Here it is.  See you guys tomorrow.  
Top ten favorite actors
1.  Leonardo diCaprio
2.  Denzel Washington
3.  Al Pacino
4.  Philip Seymour Hoffman
5   Edward Norton
6   Giovanni Ribisi
7.  James Gandolfini
8.  Christian Bail
9.  Jim Carey
10. Vince Vaughn
I love you Jessica North 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment